How to Find a Wedding Venue: Part 2 - Wedding Venue Questionnaire
In the previous blog, I mentioned 3 Top Tips for finding a venue:
- How many guests
- One or two locations
- Think about the time of year
You should consider several factors, such as budget, capacity, location, amenities, and other special requirements. To help you in your search, here is a checklist of questions to consider when evaluating a venue:
- What are the capacity requirements?
- What are the venue's amenities?
- Does the venue have any special requirements, such as outside vendor licensing or Day of Coordinator?
- What is the cost of the venue?
- What is the venue deposit or amount needed to hold a date?
- What is the standard and COVID related cancellation policy?
- How far ahead of time do you need to reserve the venue?
- Are there any restrictions on decorating the venue?
- Is catering provided?
- Is there a dedicated onsite venue staff on the Day of the Wedding?
- Are there any additional fees associated with the venue, such as cake cutting fee?
- Is there parking or transportation available to local activities or nearby hotels?
- Are there any noise restrictions?
- Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
- Is there any special equipment or technology available, for example slide projector and screen?
- Does the venue have any restrictions on music or entertainment?
Checkout my Wedding FAQ Pinterest board for venue questionnaires, checklists and other FAQs.